Friday, March 19, 2010

Embarrassing Moment of Spring Break

This morning I finished restoring the garage to its former glory. It has been my pet project over Spring Break. It is finally in full working order with everything neatly organized and the floor well swept. It will be the first time in probably -- well, ever-- that we can park both cars in the garage if we so desire. It is certainly the first time in recent memory that there isn’t dirt or fertilizer, or God knows what else, all over the floor. I am proud to report that the garage is no longer a no-go zone. At this, my finest moment, I unwisely decided to do some minor touch-up painting on the pillars on our porch. It all went downhill from there.

The day seemed auspicious given my previous triumph over the garage. I was confident that a little bit of painting would be no problem. I carefully primed the paint, retrieved my brushes, positioned the ladder, and embarked upon what I thought would be a fairly simple task. And it was, at first. However, with just one side panel to go, the unthinkable happened, well, that’s not quite accurate (I mean it was perfectly thinkable. I just didn’t think it); I spilled the container holding the paint all over myself as I was angling to put the last dab on a far to reach corner at the uppermost part of the column. I looked down and discovered myself soaked in white paint. Aaahhhhh! So, today was a day of highs and lows. I mastered the garage and was mastered by the paint. All in a day’s work, I suppose… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment