Monday, March 29, 2010

Blog Blackout, Blood Pressure Scare, Recovering Anna

New sprinklers were installed this Saturday. It was an all-day affair, but the end result is marvelous! Unfortunately, the workers inadvertently cut the cable line, so we had no Internet access over the weekend and won’t until sometime this afternoon when the cable guy repairs it. I apologize for the blog blackout that resulted as a consequence of this mistake. I had been planning to write Saturday’s post on my recent graphic novel kick and Sunday’s post on the curious occurrence of the Feast of the Annunciation and Palm Sunday falling in the same week. I’ll have to take a rain check on those posts.

We had something of a scare on Sunday morning. While I was at Mass, Jennifer got some crazy blood pressure readings and quickly went to the hospital. It gave me quite a fright to come home and find my father in the den informing me that Jennifer was at Tomball Regional with my mother. It soon became apparent, however, that the readings were faulty after they were compared with the hospital’s numbers. (Insert sight of relief!) I chalk up the misreadings to a faulty machine that needed to be replaced. I took Jennifer straight to CVS and bought her a new blood pressure machine. Hopefully, the rest of the pregnancy will be smooth sailing without false alarms. Jennifer did the right thing, though, given the circumstances. Who wouldn’t go to the hospital when they are eight going on nine months pregnant and get such high blood pressure numbers?!

Anna is finally feeling better thanks to the antibiotics that the doctor prescribed. She must have some kind of upper respiratory infection because she still has a mild cough even though the fevers have disappeared. I hope she will continue to make strides toward getting better. Sadly, Jennifer and I may have picked up a milder form of whatever bug poor Anna has, so please keep all three of us in your prayers over the next few days. Jennifer, at least, sure could use a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment